How to make an announcement channel on Discord? First, go to the text channels on Discord by clicking the Plus icon, then clicking “Create Channel,” and choosing “Create Announcement Channel” from the drop-down menu that appears.
Creating an announcement channel is convenient. After building a community server, you’ll enjoy its rewards. Announcement channels are straightforward to construct and provide capabilities that text channels don’t. In this article, it was shown how to make an announcement channel on Discord.
What is Discord Announcement Channel?
The Announcement Channel is only a text channel that allows you to broadcast messages to all of the members of the Discord server so that you may keep them up to date on any important server-related announcements. They appropriately reflect the voice of your server, which means that any message you send via there must be relevant to the server’s announcements in order for it to be sent.
It is quite clear that only server managers have the ability to transmit certain messages across the channel. This implies that ordinary members and other users who are not part of the administration cannot use this component of the website.
What are Community Server & How to make a discord community discord server?
Creating a community server on Discord is a prerequisite for establishing an announcement channel on the platform. Community Servers are the servers that Discord allows users to join, and as a result, they have more social elements than private servers do. You need to build a channel in advance so that you may choose the Announcement Channel since this option is only available inside a community server.
You need to complete the following three steps in order to create Community Servers on Discord:
- Navigate to your server’s settings (located in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click on the “Community” tab;
- Follow the on-screen steps after selecting the “Enable Community” option;
- Set up the community settings for your Discord server and configure the channel settings.
People will join this server, and you will be able to choose which particular roles are the only ones authorized to manage the server’s settings. These individuals will have the ability to unban someone from Discord, issue announcements, transfer control of a Discord server (something that can only be done by “Admin” users), and more.
Also Read : HOW TO CHANGE YOUR “ABOUT ME” ON DISCORD
How to create an Announcement Channel on Discord
It is time to make an announcement if your Discord Community has been prepared and is ready to launch the announcement channel. Keep in mind that if you make someone an Admin on Discord, you have the ability to modify the send messages permission. Without further ado, let’s get started creating your first announcement channels on the platform!
Follow this steps below if you are trying it on your computer:
- Open up Discord on your computer (either the client or the web-based version).
- Simply choose the community service that you want to change and click on it.
- Locate the channel bar on the left side of the screen, and then choose the “+” button.
- To listen to announcements, choose the “Announcement Channel” option from the list.
- Give it a name that is either straightforward or matches the overall concept of the server.
- Simply bring it into being by selecting the “Create Channel” button.
- You may begin publishing announcements there, and other users can choose to subscribe to the channel.
Follow this steps below if you are trying it on your mobile app:
- After launching the Discord app, go to one of your Community Servers by tapping the hamburger button located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- To add a text channel, tap the + sign that’s next to “Text Channels.”
- Give your channel a name, and then choose the Announcement Channel option from the list of possible types for it.
- To create the channel, tap the checkbox located in the upper right corner of the screen.
How do I make an existing channel into an Announcement Channel?
It is time to make an announcement if your Discord Community has been prepared and is ready to launch the announcement channel. Keep in mind that you have the ability to alter the authority to send messages if you create someone who is an Administrator on Discord. Without further ado, let’s get started making your first announcement channels on the platform.
Step 1: Navigate to the Text Channels in Discord.
- You are unable to create an Announcement Channel unless you do it via the use of text channels.
- Launch the Discord app (either on your mobile device or your laptop) and choose the hamburger symbol to join a server.
- Check out each text channel that is available on Discord.
- In the PC version, the channel name will be shown in the sidebar located to the left;
Step 2: After tapping on the plus sign, go to the “Create Channel” option.
- After that, pick the plus sign that is located next to the channel, and a new menu will appear with further options.
- It is possible to make selections.
- At this point, you have to pick the “Create Channel” option.
Step 3: Pick the option that says “Create Announcement Channel.”
- Because Announcement Channels are so commonly used throughout the site, you will most likely encounter them.
- Figure out a fast method for producing them.
- After selecting the “Create Announcement Channel” option from the drop-down menu, you will need to
- Change its name.
- Congratulations, you have now acquired the knowledge necessary to create an announcement channel on Discord!
Also Read : Why Is My Discord PFP Blurry?- Here’s The Fix
frequently asked questions
1. How to add follow button on the official Discord announce channel?
- Launch Discord and ensure that you are signed in to your account.
- You need to connect to a server and then open up one of its announcement channels.
- To follow the account, tap the Follow icon that is located at the bottom of the page.
- Select the server as well as the channel on which you want the updates to be posted.
- To validate your choice, tap the Follow button.
2. How many publications can I make on an announcement channel?
You have the ability to create a maximum of ten publishes every hour inside any Announcement channel.
Consolidating all announcements into a single channel is a time saver for server users.
Although establishing a community server entails a lot of work, the rewards are well worth the effort.
If you want to expand and remain organized, switching to a community server is well worth the effort.
Also Read : Does Discord Notify When You Leave A Chat?